Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday Meditation ~ Self Talk

"My inner critic has become a lot quieter since I began to be the witness to my thoughts."
I would like to say I have gotten rid of my inner critic completely, but she's still there, heckling away like the two old men on The Muppet Show. I am my own worse critic, always have been.  Unrealistic expectations, perfectionism, self doubt.  I can be pretty brutal to myself.

But as I grow in awareness and learn to have patience and compassion for myself (and others), I am also learning that I can listen to that inner critic with an open heart without letting it break my heart... or my spirit.  Instead of letting it erode my sense of self, I can observe the criticism, learn from it, and grow as a result of it.  The trick is staying mindful.

Live Healthy.  Live Happy.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods